My story is nothing special but I know that it will help someone out there to get through depression or help someone understand a little more on what its like to live with such an illness.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

From the worries of May 2011

From MAY 2011 I wrote in the purpley blue colour the week before we moved to QLD. Here I am 2yrs on and lets see how things have changed.

Oh what a month or so its been!! Our house has sold and we are pretty much all packed ot move to Toowoomba QLD this week. There are so many things Im going to miss but I dont think its going to hit me until a few weeks into being up there. Apart from family and Trina (who is like my bestest friend....she is my rock!!) there are things like:
  Country music radio channel - not out here, but in the city I can until I'm 15km from home, same with abc local radio  
Nick Reinberger on abc radio - my love of Tony delroy has increased - just a shame its so late at night for the quiz  
The girls at Gloria Jeans who know what I order and tell me when Im walking in if Im not going to be able to get a chai latte. - yeah, got nothing! Although Daryl and Anna know what pizza we like when they do them Saturday nights out here :)
Robyn, the check-out chick, from coles who knows my name and my kids names. - still got nothing like that!  
Getting Maja out of the shower on Fridays after the school drop off. Oh Maja, gee I miss knocking on your door and making you get out for a cuppa!  
Walking down to Trina's in my pj's and making myself a cuppa. - nothing can replace this, my beautiful Trina!  
The girls at IMB. - I don't go to a bank anymore, unless its vital like paperwork for a mortgage  
Our next door neighbours, Jim & Yvonne. - Our neighbours are cows, literally! Driving out to Cambie along the mad-mile and checking out whats going on at the sale yards, seeing if Mr Taylors plane is in the hanger. - we have the back road to Meringandan through the farms, I suppose its kind of a mad mile  
Driving over Good Dog Creek and seeing the tree that was uprooted in the 1988/9 flood that is still growing strong! Between here and town there are quite a few creeks and bridges to cross that quite often flood over when it rains enough. Nothing better than driving over Good Dog, I remember it felt like I was home then, now I drive over Cooby creek - 10km from home and that starts to feel like home  
Driving past Jaspers paddock (the horse I use to ride as a kid. Nath bought me a professional photo of his paddock a few yrs back...!) - we have our own paddock :)

Then theres the things like finding a solicitor (found one, but its not the same - we don't them personally and in fact I've never met her, just paid her)
accountant (nope!)
vets (love Dr Larry, he understands working dogs)
pet shop (45min away!)
doctors (Umesh!!) 
and dentists (well, not yet for me, but for Amy yes)
 ...the list goes on...and a bank...ok, a building society...I dont do the big banks...they would have to pay me to walk into their buildings lol. (Found a building society, but they were rude and very horrible, so now we are using Westpac - hiding my head in shame here!!)

All the things I missed at the beginning have faded and life has completely changed for the good. But I cannt wait to go back to Nowra for a visit - one day!

2 comments:

  1. Its funny that I remember reading your 2011 post like it was yesterday! Has it really been 2 years??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure has been!! It's gone so very very very quick!!

    ReplyDelete